Monday, January 14, 2008

Final Thoughts from Carol


I thank you Jason for making this blog available to everyone. My week was extraordinary. I am grateful for all the people I met and those I experienced in new and different ways.

Ken, our Fish Camp manager, was so gracious, organized, and compassionate. I loved his calm nonstop energy.

My work team (Curran Street) was fantastic. We were able to work together in open and close quarters, when we were tired, and whether we were learning a new skill, or using an accomplished one. I enjoyed how our group was playful, flexible, dedicated, never wanting for conversation, and comprised of all ages. Each day I witnessed how each person's talents, energy, and determination help make a sizable dent in the work needed for our house. I am so glad to have been a part of this group. We were so fortunate to meet and talk with our homeowner. Hearing her story, hopes and dreams was such a gift.

Now, back in Buffalo, I feel so fortunate to be a contributor to this complex puzzle of New Orleans recovery with new and deepened friendships, and a delightful sense of serenity.

-Carol


(note from Jason) If you want to add an entry to the blog, feel free to send links/photos/videos, and or text to me at jskowalski (at) gmail (dot) com. Thanks!

No comments: